little drifters // today at trout lake 1:00
July 24, 2010 § Leave a comment
this is the cutest way to spend a saturday afternoon ever!
here’s the deal – from the booooooom website.
This project is open to people of all ages, students, lawyers, professional craft boat designers, “totally unartistic people”, bass-guitarists, wizards, cat-people, anyone who likes to have fun!
Here’s what you gotta do:
1. Gather some pieces of driftwood, twigs, leaves, berries, dandelions, pine cones, feathers, pretty much anything that can be considered “natural.” (No plastic, metal, or paper, etc.)
2. Build a little boat using only these natural materials!
3. Bring your boat and a camera to Trout Lake Park next Saturday, at 1 p.m. We’ll gather near the large dock at the north end of the lake off East 14th Ave near Victoria Dr.
4. Stick your boat in the water, give it a little push and snap a photo of it. We want photos of your creation floating in water!
5. Leave your boat in the water and go introduce yourself to other people who have also made boats. You might even choose to bring a picnic and make an afternoon of it. (I will be!)